Crummey Trust Attorneys – Pennsylvania

For transfers to minors that qualify for the annual gift tax exclusion, you may opt to transfer the gift to a UTMA account, a Section 529 Plan, or a 2503© Minor’s Trust. Learn more about a transfer under UTMA, Section 529 and a 2503© Minor’s Trust.

In addition, you may use a Crummey Trust for transferring a gift to a minor that still qualifies for the annual gift tax exclusion. A Crummey Minor’s Trust, or Crummey Trust, derives its name from a case that established the Trust’s effectiveness for securing the annual gift exclusion, Crummey v. Commission.

A Crummey Trust, unlike a 2503© Minor’s Trust, avoids the mandatory termination of the trust at age 21. In order for each contribution to the Crummey Trust to qualify for the annual gift exclusion; however, the beneficiary must be given a right of withdrawal for each contribution. This is usually a 30 or 60-day withdrawal right. Notice of the withdrawal right must be provided to the beneficiary.

Contact Crummey Trust Lawyers in Pennsylvania

As with most PA estate planning matters, there are other gift and estate tax permutations with regard to the Crummey Trust. Therefore, it is important for you to utilize the assistance of an experienced Pennsylvania Crummey Trust lawyer.

A skilled Crummey Trust lawyer at The Martin Law Firm, located in Pennsylvania, can provide you with expert guidance if you are considering the use of a Crummey Trust as part of a comprehensive Pennsylvania estate plan. Contact The Martin Law Firm at 215-646-3980 today to schedule an estate planning appointment.


Please call 215-646-3980 to schedule an appointment.

Practice Areas

Our legal team provides individualized legal solutions for our clients by offering high quality legal counsel and representation in diverse areas of law. Our attorneys regularly represent clients throughout Southeast Pennsylvania, including Montgomery County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, and Philadelphia County

Tell Us About Your Case

Please submit the form and an attorney will contact you shortly.
Please indicate how you would like to be contacted in the form.