Will Probate Lawyers in Norristown, PA
Executors and Administrators for a PA Estate
The term “personal representative” can mean either an executor or an administrator of a decedent’s estate. The personal representative of an estate in PA is held to the highest standard of loyalty and care under the law. This means that the personal representative is legally entrusted with certain responsibilities and is under a legal obligation to carry out these responsibilities correctly and in a timely manner. These responsibilities are numerous and can be complicated. For these reasons, executors and administrators of a PA estate often consult our Norristown probate lawyers for assistance.
Responsibilities of a Personal Representative in Norristown, PA
An executor or administrator of an estate in Norristown, PA has many responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Ensuring that the decedent’s intentions are carried out (if there is a Will)
- Preparing, filing and paying appropriate taxes, including the PA inheritance tax
- Settling any claims against the estate, including those with Medicaid or other PA state agencies
- Fulfilling notice and distribution responsibilities with respect to estate beneficiaries and heirs
- Establishing an estate bank account
- Gathering and distributing estate assets
- Selling real estate owned by the decedent
- Closing the PA estate
Probate Lawyers | Norristown, PA
The Martin Law Firm is a Montgomery County, PA probate and estate administration law firm. Our experienced probate lawyers have been assisting executors and administrators with Will probate and estate administration matters in Norristown, PA for over 10 years. An executor’s or administrator’s responsibilities are numerous, complicated, and can be difficult without appropriate legal guidance and resources. An experienced Norristown probate lawyer can help ease the burden associated with the administration of an estate and can help shield the executor or administrator from personal liability. Our attorneys offer reasonable fees and flexible appointment schedules for your convenience. Contact The Martin Law Firm for a free estate administration evaluation with a knowledgeable Norristown, PA probate lawyer.